Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Flight and Arrival in Beijing

Just a few pics of us on the flight to Beijing and at the Beijing International Airport.  There was some issue with the air conditioning on the plane at the very beginning, but it did cool off about 30 minutes into the flight...thankfully!  Caroline and Gailie had a center row of 3 seats so Caroline could stretch out and sleep which she did.  The rest of us slept as much as was possible. 
We arrived at Beijing Airport about 45 minutes late and made our way through customs with no issues...although my passport did get an unusually long inspection with lots of looking at every detail of my face to make sure it was me.  My passport and photo are older but I was surprised that I really looked that different!  Oh well...I am 40 now!
We were met by our guide, a sweet young woman named Fangfang Yu, who greeted us with a smile, bottled water and a van ride to our hotel, The Holiday Inn Downtown Beijing.

No comments:

Post a Comment